Monday, November 24, 2014

Take Control - Don't Let Life Get You Down

Hello my wonderful readers!

This post I think I'm writing mostly for me, but hopefully you can benefit from it as well.

It seems every time things are on the up and up in my life, something happens to make it seem as though that pattern is coming to a screeching halt and everything is going to go negatively from there forward. When things don't go ideally I find myself getting depressed and discouraged about everything.

Letting these things get to me though has a negative impact on my life. First of all, in letting all the little things get to me, I am failing to appreciate everything that has been going right for me previous to any let down. I need to be grateful for what I have going for me, and recognize that just because something little went wrong doesn't mean that everything which went right is gone.

Now, that is important just for our emotional and mental well being. Recognizing that there are still good things in our lives, even when something goes wrong, will simply make us happier people. More importantly though, we need to have a better attitude for things to continue going on the up and up despite the disappointment.

When you let that little disappointment really get to you, it causes discouragement and depression, as I had mentioned regarding myself at the beginning of this post. Discouragement and depression hinder our ability and motivation to keep moving forward, to keep trying, and to keep doing what will help us progress on a day to day basis. In short, when we get discouraged because something went wrong, a lot of other things in our life will start falling apart and going wrong simply because of our attitude.

Life is hard, I know. Don't let it knock you down though! Control your life; don't let it control you.

photo used from http://www.success.com/article/take-control-of-your-life

♥//Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment