Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Bullying Feat. Thumper

Hello darlings!

I've found that I don't always have the time to be writing a blog post every day. Things have picked up quite a bit at work and I find myself too busy.

Despite that, I do have the time today.

Today I would like to address bullying. Its such an over-addressed subject, in all honesty, and yet nothing seems to change. We need to all be kind to each other, no matter what the circumstance. Being rude and demeaning to others will never bring us happiness. It is proven time and time again that our personal happiness can be found in being of service to others.

A week ago I went and saw the movie "Interstellar" with a friend of mine. This movie was by far the best I've seen in years. In part of it, a robot says his honesty setting is 90% and the characters ask why that is. The robot then responds:
Absolute honesty isn't always the most diplomatic nor the safest form of communication with emotional beings.
Sometimes, 100% honesty is the wrong approach to take when talking to someone. I am by no means advocating lying to somebody. That is likewise the wrong approach. The correct approach to take will often be focusing on the positive though. We need to uplift and encourage each other. Of course each and every one of us makes mistakes and has things that we can do better, but we don't need to point those out. It is an effective and efficient approach to focus on what has been done right and what goals can be set instead. For those of you who have read my previous posts, I had written one on the vicious cycle  of negativity hindering our progression. In that post I was specifically talking about ripping ourselves down, but it is just as applicable to other people. When somebody is struggling, us ripping them down is just going to make them struggle more and hinder their ability to grow and progress beyond the trial.

Another thing I would like to address regarding bullying is the response we have to bullying. I've noticed that often, when bullying occurs, people will respond to it by.... bullying. The irony is real. Two wrongs don't make a right, and bullying a bully is once again not going to help them progress and improve.

I'm going to close this post with a cliché we need to stop taking for granted. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Gif used from https://31.media.tumblr.com/7a9220f249a717c85c9348818a4eab18/tumblr_mslgrx21X61s4omozo1_500.gif

Now lets get out there and make the world a better place!

♥//Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment